After three long months, Enzian is thrilled to be able to once again open its doors, turn on the projector, and serve our community by screening both acclaimed new art house releases and influential and iconic repertory titles!
Kicking off week eight of our reopening is Stanley Kubrick Week, a special week of some of the most notable films from the acclaimed filmmaker!
Enzian Programming Director Matthew Curtis said, “Mind-blowing movies indeed! With this year’s delayed Florida Film Festival right around the corner, Enzian felt it was only fitting to program a very special week of masterworks from one of the most acclaimed, influential, and controversial filmmakers in cinema history – Stanley Kubrick (1928 – 1999). Known for his relentless perfectionism, technical brilliance, creative vision, and intensely private nature to the point of producing many of his films under a cloud of secrecy, the former photographer and perennial outsider worked far beyond the confines of Hollywood while maintaining complete artistic control. From the mid-1950s to Eyes Wide Shut in 1999, Kubrick often explored the dark side of human nature while creating some of the most provocative and visionary films of all time. Thankfully, Warner Bros. has compiled these 6 titles in one remarkable program, and this week local movie lovers and cinephiles have a rare opportunity to experience them all on the big screen like they were always intended.”
We will still be adding new titles to Enzian On Demand for those who wish to continue supporting us from home.
Reminder: You only have two days left to stream these three titles:
- Bloody Nose, Empty Pockets – An intoxicating blend of documentary and fiction, this film surveys the bar-going life with a remarkably sober eye.
- Amulet – Terror strikes when a former soldier takes a job to help a young woman and her housebound mother in the latest horror film from Magnolia Pictures. Starring Imelda Staunton and Carla Juri.
- John Lewis: Good Trouble – In honor of his passing, we are paying tribute to the great activist John Lewis by bringing back the outstanding documentary on his life. Don’t miss out again!
You have between now through Thursday, August 6th to stream the following titles from Enzian On Demand:
- Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison – Formerly known as Prison Logic, this film won the Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature at the 2018 Florida Film Festival! Upon his release, an ex-convict sets out to fulfill his dream of becoming a world-renowned motivational speaker. Starring Romany Malco and Regina Hall.
- Yes, God, Yes – Stranger Things’ Natalia Dyer stars in this coming-of-age dramedy about a Catholic girl who finds herself having tempting thoughts after an AOL chat turns unexpectedly racy.
- Flannery – An extraordinary documentary
about American novelist Flannery O’Connor.
A percentage of every on-demand purchase will go back to Enzian in an effort to help our nonprofit organization.
COVID-19 REMINDERS: WE’RE DOING TEMPERATURE CHECKS!
As you know, Enzian has been open for a few weeks now, and we’re constantly evaluating our practices in the theater and at Eden Bar to ensure you have a safe and pleasant experience, and that we maintain a safe environment for our staff in the process. In light of the recent increase in Florida COVID-19 cases, and, in an effort to continue enhancing our sanitary precautions, we will be taking guests’ temperatures upon entering the theater before each screening. Any guest whose temperature appears to be above normal will first be asked to sit in his or her air-conditioned car to regulate the temperature (in case of an error in reading). After ten minutes, that guest may request that staff provide a second temperature reading. If, after a second attempt, the temperature is still abnormal, the guest will be provided a full refund, and asked to return at a later date. We realize an added step like this can feel like an inconvenience, but safety is our first priority. Please know that staff members have their temperatures checked daily upon arrival as well. We are all doing our part to look out for one another, and appreciate your support and understanding.
Until further notice, we are complying with Orange County Government regulations, and reminding you to wear a masks at all times, except when eating and drinking. Masks are required and must be worn, even when seated, and when interacting with staff.
With the current 50% capacity regulation in place, seating will be limited, and we encourage you to purchase tickets online in advance to minimize contact. We are taking every measure possible to make your return to the theater enjoyable. We’ve enhanced sanitary procedures, created a contactless menu for food and drink orders, and physically distanced our seating to ensure safety and comfortability. Thank you for your cooperation in helping everyone stay safe, and for helping us stay open!
Feel free to share all of our exciting updates. We encourage you to forward this email to family, friends, and fellow film lovers – Anyone, anywhere is welcome to purchase films on EOD (Enzian On Demand) or come visit us now that we are open!